2024 NAHPL National Summit
Research Abstract Proposals
NAHPL National Summit
April 7-10, 2024
Baton Rouge, LA
Call for Research Poster Abstracts
The National Academy of Health and Physical Literacy invites submissions of abstracts of research to be considered for presentation as a research poster at the National Academy of Health and Physical Literacy Summit 2024 which will be held April 7-10, 2024, in Baton Rouge, LA.
• The deadline for submissions is October 30, 2023.
• The lead author will be notified of acceptance or rejection of the proposal by December 1, 2023.
• Abstracts must not have been presented or published previously nor should they be simultaneously submitted for consideration at other conferences.
• Authors who agree to present an accepted paper are responsible for ensuring the paper is presented at the Summit.
• Presenters must be members of the National Academy of Health and Physical Literacy and register/pay the registration fee for the 2024 Summit.
• After the title of the abstract, list author’s names and institutional affiliations (no departments) in the order they should appear (e.g., Nancy L. Thigpen, University of Florida; Louis Williams, South Carolina State University).
• Abstracts should be a maximum of 2000 characters. (The online system will not accept more than 2000 characters.)
• Abstracts must include:
- Purpose: background information and a statement of the problem/purpose/rationale for the study.
- Methods: information on the participants, methods/procedures, and data analysis in sufficient detail.
- Results: a summary of the findings that provides a clear description of the results.
- Discussion/Conclusion: A discussion of the relevance/application of the findings.
Questions? Contact Cam Kerst
The Academy strives to host an inclusive and accessible Summit that will enable all participants to fully engage. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please email Gene White, NAHPL President-elect.